Barnet…there’s an app for that
October 11, 2011 Leave a comment
With the launch of Barnet Council’s new iPhone app, residents can tap into local services and information wherever they are. The Barnet Mobile smartphone app is now available for free download from the Apple App Store and is suitable for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
The new app allows you to:
- access local consultations
- find local services on an interactive map
- pay your council tax
- search frequently asked questions
- sign-up for pay-by-phone parking
- contact your local councillor
- read the latest tweets and press releases.
Barnet is one of the first UK councils to launch a smartphone app and it’s been created by an in-house developer. This means Barnet has introduced a new way to contact and engage with the council at a minimal cost to residents.
I encourage you to download the app and let me know what you think.
An app for Android smartphones is being developed, I will let you know when it is available.